We are Good!
Our school was inspected by Ofsted on 5th and 6th December 2023. We are delighted to be able to say we were graded us as ‘Good’ in all areas with Effective Safeguarding. This is a high benchmark under the current Ofsted Framework.
We are very pleased with the comments made by the Inspectors. The report is a positive, and accurate, representation of Wheatcroft.
Some highlights from the report include the following:
- “Pupils are safe and happy. They are proud to live up to the school’s motto of ‘Learn and Care.”
- “Pupils receive a high-quality education.”
- “Pupils learn in a positive environment.”
- “Most pupils behave well in and out of the classroom. They are polite and courteous to others.”
- “The school has made improvements to the quality of education.”
- “The school teaches pupils how to be healthy and happy.”
- “Leaders are relentless in driving the quality of education further forward.”
- “Governors know the school well.”
- “Staff are proud to work at the school.”
- “Parents are highly complimentary about the school. They recognise that the caring environment helps their child to thrive.”
The report is a celebration of all the wonderful practice at Wheatcroft and we now look forward to working together to continue moving the school forward and achieving the very best outcomes for every pupil.
Wheatcroft is not only ‘Good’ ... we are continuously striving to improve and excel through our high expectations.
We also want to thank all our families for their ongoing support of Wheatcroft.
News article: https://www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk/education/delight-as-ofsted-grade-scarboroughs-wheatcroft-school-good-in-all-areas-4487460