School Logo

Wheatcroft CP School

Learn and Care

Interactive bar

Get in touch

Contact Details

Wheaties - Wraparound Care Club

Support with Childcare Costs:

We are aware that the cost of childcare can be an issue for some families and support the use of the following top up and subsidy providers. You will need to contact the providers to set up an account and then link to Wheaties. Wheaties usually comes up as Wheatcroft School (as it operates under the school umbrella with school management and staff) and the registration or reference number you will need is usually 121349. If you need additional support please do get in touch.


Tax-Free Childcare

Tax-Free Childcare is a government scheme to help working families with their childcare costs.

Parents can open an online childcare account to pay their registered childcare providers directly. For every £8 a parent pays into their account, the government will add £2.


You (and your partner, if you have one):

  • are 16 or over
  • are employed or self-employed
  • earn at least £139 a week and not more than £100,000 per year per parent (only one parent must be working in a lone parent family)
  • are not receiving Tax Credits, Universal Credit or childcare vouchers


You need to apply online by setting up a childcare account on GOV.UK:

  • You must reconfirm your eligibility/details every 3 months (you will receive a reminder message) 


Universal Credit for Childcare

If you are working, Universal Credit can help with the costs of childcare, no matter how many hours you work.


You may be able to claim up to 85 percent of your childcare costs if you’re eligible for Universal Credit and meet some additional conditions. The amounts you can receive in childcare costs are:

  • a maximum of £646.35 per month for one child
  • a maximum of £1108.04 per month for 2 or more children


Childcare support is currently paid in arrears. This means that you will usually pay the costs yourself, and Universal Credit will then pay you some of that money back.


You can't claim Universal Credit at the same time as:

  • Tax credits
  • Tax-Free Childcare